Thanks to morpheus for reminding me that the MLB season starts in a week and that we should probably, you know, get Neifiball going some time soon. I’m stealing the setup instructions that Rudy from Razzball does so well
* 10 Team Leagues, MLB universe, uses Yahoo! position eligibility
* Weekly Roster Changes (leaves you time to lavish on your Daily Leagues)
* C / 1B / 2B / SS / 3B / CI / MI / 5 OF / 9 P / 5 bench
* 1,250 innings cap. No minimum IP. No AB mins/maxes
* The league needs to set four ‘dummy’ teams that merely serve to draft the top players. This helps minimize the damage for anyone who misses the draft and forgot to update their draft list.
* 1 team per person.
* No collusion, idiots.
* Hitter Stats
o AB = +2
o H = -3
o R = -4
o HR = -6
o RBI = -4
o K = +2
* Pitcher Stats
o IP = -1
o HR = +4
o L = +8
o K = -1
o ER = +1.5
o H+BB = +1
The point structure makes it so that about 2/3 of the league’s hitters as well as just about every pitcher has positive value. So leaving a roster spot open or filled by a guy who plays once a week will hurt your team.
Leave a comment below if you want in, because we need to get this going ASAP. Also indicate if you’re willing to set up a league, since we might have enough interest for more than one league.